Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms Bar

AlJr
Level 2

Does anyone know if there is a sort to the Forms Bar for Forms in Use? I can't stand that half of my individual clients forms in use are out of order.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

that started happening randomly last year, I dont think we ever figured out how to fix it.

I havent noticed it on anyone yet this year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
AlJr
Level 2

I think once it it is out of order it will stay that way for future years.  They need to fix it!!!  It is how I quickly navigate the forms.

dascpa
Level 11

Years ago the Psychology Building at the University of Maryland conducted some sort of test.  They randomized room numbers. So 101 was next to 314, next to 245, etc.  But after whatever research was done, they never changed it back (40+ years later).  ProSeries might be doing the same thing.

taxes96786
Level 9

Doesn't matter what sequence the in use forms are...that is for your convenience. The return will efile in the correct sequence.

I don't rely on the forms bar to open the return. I use it only as a reminder of prior reporting. I prepare a return from lthe 1040 form and click on the line to bring up a form if I need to enter anything on it.

0 Cheers
AlJr
Level 2

If it does not matter what sequence the forms in use are how would you find the form that you want to navigate to quickly if the forms are not in the same order from client to client.  If you use it a a reminder how do you find it if the forms are not in the same order on all client.  Please think before you reply!  You make no sense.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

It may not make sense to you but, I learned to do taxes manually...before the programs came out. I find that opening the 1040 and going line by line insures that I don't miss anything that should be reported. Using the forms in use doesn't make sense to me because it only lists the forms from the prior year. Things can change from year to year. If the form is not on that list how do you open it? I think it is more time-consuming doing it your way.

0 Cheers