Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8997 not computing INTUIT please fix!

sariscpa
Level 4

Form 8997 has information carried from 2022 in the 2023 smart worksheet at the top.  QOF deferral amounts are not carrying to Part I or Part IV of the form, although dates and descriptions are carried into the tables.

9 Comments 9
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sariscpa, We'll need a sanitized file to research further. I'll send you a private message for more details. 
-Gabi 

TAXMANPAT
Level 2

I'm in the same boat with the 8997 issue. Did you get it resolved? Neither the inputs on the worksheet worked to populate the  form, nor was data carried forward from 2021 to 2022 forcing me to manually enter the data in 2023 only to discover this new problem. 

sariscpa
Level 4

No, they have not fixed it yet.  But I am told they are working on it.  I can't imagine what's holding up the fix.

TAXMANPAT
Level 2

thanks, hopefully I won't have to file manually. If you get an update, I'll take it. 

0 Cheers
jev
Level 3

Same issue here as of 3/18/24.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sariscpa Confirm that you have entered the QOF proceeds in the smart worksheet. Once done, Parts 1 and 5 will calculate. 

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

Hi, Gabi. It is there (carried over from prior year) and it is NOT carrying to the other parts.  I sent you the sanitized file 2 weeks ago.  Has anyone looked at it?

0 Cheers
jev
Level 3

Same here. The amounts from the prior year's return carry forward to the Smart Worksheet, but the amounts do not flow to the rest of Form 8997.

0 Cheers
sariscpa
Level 4

The "fix" is that you have to put the amount in the "QOF proceeds" column.  Then it will flow.  I'm not clear why, but it works.