Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8936 for S Corporations

HM1984
Level 2

ProSeries instruction advises to find form 8936A to report clean vehicle credit. However, there is no such form available in S Corp module. What do we do?

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

Download form from IRS website, complete and attach as pdf to the 1120S return

HM1984
Level 2

Is this really the only solution? Why wouldnt Proseries prof have this form for S corps? Just doesn't make sense to me that we have to go such a manual way for this. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@HM1984 wrote:

Why wouldnt Proseries prof have this form for S corps? Just doesn't make sense to me that we have to go such a manual way for this. 

It seems to me that Intuit is against the Inflation Reduction Act.  They don't have some of the vehicle forms and they still have Form 5695 screwed up.  It is either that or the development team is completely incompetent in regards to that law and the related energy tax forms. 

LyndaTaylorCPA
Level 1

What is wrong with proseries?  are they just stupid?  Think all intuit cares about is turbo tax & have made no attempt to update - I need Form 8936 for an S Corporation.  Actually, need a new software company...

0 Cheers
HM1984
Level 2

I agree. I actually got CCH Axcess for this year and used both. Prices are similar and CCH has everything and all forms so something to consider and eventually switch over once you pass the learning curve and get efficiency. 

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

IRS instructions says s-corps can put on form 3800. No need to attach, or use form 8936.

From instructions form 8936. Link   https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8936

The part of the credit attributable to business/investment use of a new clean vehicle is treated as a general business credit. Any part of the credit not attributable to business/investment use is treated as a personal credit.

Partnerships and S corporations must file this form to claim the credit. All other taxpayers are not required to complete or file this form if their only source for this credit is a partnership or S corporation. Instead, they can report this credit directly on line 1y in Part III of Form 3800, General Business Credit.

0 Cheers