Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 5695

athaureaux6
Level 8

Good morning online community, 

Does anyone know if the metal and asphalt roof improvement still qualify for the Home Efficient Improvement Credit for TY 2023. I read before that unless they are special solar shingles, the roof replacement does not qualify anymore. I am reading conflicting information online. Any comment will be appreciated. I was checking the 5695 draft form, it does not have it anymore but the initial release still have. What called my attention is that the form in PS seems to be very updated if we compare it to the draft from the IRs. Thanks everybody.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
ljr
Level 8

roofs are no longer included. The NATP tax season update class did a section on energy credits. 

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Key Highlights of the new roof tax credit for 2023 and 2024.

Eligible Roofing Material: The tax credit is exclusive to "Energy Star" certified roofing products, which significantly reduce the home's heat gain, thereby cutting cooling costs.

Tax Credit Amount: Homeowners can claim a tax credit amounting to 30% of the roofing material cost, with a cap of $1200. This excludes installation costs.

You can google to see what roof materials qualifies 

athaureaux6
Level 8

Hi, it looks they extended the roof for the home improvement credit. According to what I read and what other have posted it seems they extended. But as you said, I read before that roof were not longer qualified. But thanks anyway. 

0 Cheers