Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORM 5695 REFUND DELAYS????

HOGANTAXES
Level 4

Has anyone else has any clients refunds delayed for energy credits? I know it took them awhile to finalize the form, and intuit several days to fix the bugs. My clients return is still showing processing. Client called IRS and they couldn't even find her in their database and could only tell them it might be under review. I looked over the form, there is some other calculations that has affected the amount of the credit. education credits and CTC has reduced the amount. I don't see any other possible errors. Could it just be they just want to hold onto that BIG REFUND? its very large so maybe that has something to do with it....

Andrea

Hogan Tax Service

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The form had lots of problems when it was first released, acknowledgements were hung up for many of them, I kind of expected them to get rejected so the form could be updated, but they never did that, so Im not surprised some have been delayed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Even if the refund gets processed, I don't think that is the end of the story.  My experience, and anecdotally from info from other preparers, next to NOTHING qualifies, especially windows and doors, under the new rules.  And you can bet IRS knows that too.  I think this is going to be easy pickings for IRS.  

HOGANTAXES
Level 4

They disallowed the windows and doors credits etc????

my concern is the solar panel credit.

0 Cheers

Before 2023,  you just had to meet the Energy Star v6 standards.  Starting in 2023, you have to meet the Energy Star most efficient standards.  I have seen many clients that have put in windows in 2023.  I have not seen any client who installed windows in 2023 that qualify for the credit.  I do not know of any other preparer with clients who installed windows in 2023 that qualify for the credit.  My clients reside in the northern zone.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

On the other hand, I had a client whose old heat pump went out so they installed a new one.  Had no idea it would qualify for a $2K credit.  

HOGANTAXES
Level 4

Yes i'm aware of the requirements. i thought you meant they quit doing it.  I'm in the south, I don't know how many Ive done but they've meet the qualifications!

Been a busy week! Whew just a few more to go until we can catch a break!

0 Cheers