Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2555

Accountant-Man
Level 13

As I get back the signature pages from clients, the returns all have Form 2555 added to them. Since these clients don't need it, I have to delete the form.

Why and how was the form added to the return? Today I only had to e-file, and the conversion was stopped because "the form was incomplete." It had errors. 

BUT THERE WAS NO FORM LAST WEEK WHEN I COMPLETED IT.

There is a programming issue that is adding F2555 to my returns.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It was a free gift that rode in on last weeks update.....some people can just delete the 2555 form...others that isnt working for them...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yup, Intuit added the form - FREE of charge.  For those that have the form popping up, I have just been deleting the form and offering thanks to Intuit that they didn't screw up things worse than they did.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

I like your theory about credit and debit better - it's language audience on this forum understand. 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Every return has also had F8997 all season, but that one I am used to deleting(although I think  it comes back).

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
davidwashington
Level 3

Same situation; calls the software integrity into question;   per sales material returns should be "frozen".   Has there been a fix?

0 Cheers