Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1065; Schedule M-2; Line 1 - Can We Get a Check Box?

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Since the M-2 is supposed to be tax basis for 2020 and beyond and because many will continue to report a balance sheet on a GAAP basis for years to come, can we get a check box on line 1 of the M-2 to have the beginning tax basis capital account pull from either:  (i) Line 21 of the prior year figures on the balance sheet above on Schedule L; or (ii) the "Total beginning of year" capital account figure at the bottom of the Schedule K-1 Worksheet?  At least that way, we will be able to select our starting point for our tax basis capital accounts each year regardless of whether you present a GAAP or tax basis balance sheet?

Insert Intuit Hold Music Here.  Thank you!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
PATAX
Level 15

@Taxes-by-Rocky 👍 good-looking dog there🐕

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Going to attempt to reply to my message and hope someone reads the suggestion again.  Good start on the worksheet for the M-2, Line 3.......but can we get a check box for Line 1 so we can link to the adjusted (opening) tax basis for those of us still reporting a GAAP basis balance sheet?   Need option (ii) in my above request please.  Thank you.

0 Cheers