Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041-Mailing Form 1099-B

KCash77
Level 3

I prepared a Form 1041 for a Trust and summarized stock transactions on Form 8949 & Schedule D.

I EFiled the tax return and it was rejected because the PDF file was too large. There are multiple Wash Sales & Non-Covered transactions, as well. I now plan to send the Form 1099-B by mail.

I would like to know if there is a form for mailing with the Form 1099-B, along with an address. Thank you.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
KCash77
Level 3

Thanks for answering Terry. The tax return I prepared is Form 1041 for a Trust. The Form 8453, in this case, is for Individual Tax Returns.

There is a Form 8453-F for Form 1041, but that is used for the Fiduciary signature when not using Form 8879-F.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Sorry missed it was a trust, long day. The form 8453 FE is used to allow the preparer to mail documents to the IRS; However, the form 8879 will still be generated and will need to be signed and retained for three (3) years.

KCash77
Level 3

Thanks Terry. I thought I read somewhere, in the vast amount I have been doing, that we are not to use Form 8453-FE to transmit. I can't remember where I read that. I may send it with that anyway.

I have been looking off and on for an answer for a couple of weeks. I called the IRS today and even Intuit. Nobody had answers.

0 Cheers