Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firm name, legal name, dba name problem

davidcpa9184
Level 1

I am trying out ProSeries.  I have used UltraTax for over 30-35 years.

I need to change the way ProSeries has my legal "corporation name" (Jesmarann Inc.) as my "doing business name". My "doing business" name since 2006 has been "David E. Stone, CPA". My corporation's legal name is Jesmarann, Inc. but that is not what needs to go on my return.  My PTIN is in my personal name.  My EFIN is in my personal name.  My email address is [removed]. Email me, or just somebody, please, fix it for me. I do not see where to change it inside ProSeries. I am changing from UltraTax if this works out. I got dissed by some bot when I tried to get help online so I will see if the Community will help.

I installed 2022 but do not want to move forward until this problem is eliminated.  Thanks.

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

You may have to contact support for this. 800.434.6818

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

When you actually purchase the program you will give them the correct info  

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@davidcpa9184 wrote:

Personally, I think that is crazy.  (1) I would never recommend switching to an Intuit product.  (2) After 30-35 years with one software, is it really worthwhile to switch (even more so, to a software that is VERY different and is a downgrade)? 

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@davidcpa9184 Hey David.. You will get different viewpoints here about ProSeries.  I have been a customer since 1997 and love the program.  

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio wrote:

I have been a customer since 1997 and love the program.  

After that many years of using ProSeries, would you want to test out a different program that has completely different data-entry and has fewer features than ProSeries?  That is what is he is doing.  In my opinion, it is crazy.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@davidcpa9184 wrote:

I need to change the way ProSeries has my legal "corporation name" (Jesmarann Inc.) as my "doing business name". My "doing business" name since 2006 has been "David E. Stone, CPA". My corporation's legal name is Jesmarann, Inc. but that is not what needs to go on my return.  My PTIN is in my personal name.  My EFIN is in my personal name.  My email address is [removed]. Email me, or just somebody, please, fix it for me. I do not see where to change it inside ProSeries. I am changing from UltraTax if this works out. I got dissed by some bot when I tried to get help online so I will see if the Community will help.

I installed 2022 but do not want to move forward until this problem is eliminated.  Thanks.

Your Firm information that appears on a tax return has to match your EFIN application....once youve uploaded the EFIN info to Intuit, they will change your license (and what prints on the return) to match the EFIN application thats on file with IRS..

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/business-address/register-efin-intuit-e-fi...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers