Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing as surviving spouse claiming refund

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I'm sure I saw people whining about this issue earlier in year but can't find it... Intuit changed their Efile stuff for surviving spouse.. (used to be simple)

Spouse is filing jointly as surviving spouse claiming refund.  TP date of death in Info worksheet (and shows filing as surviving spouse on 1040 signature line, as it should........

Error on EF info worksheet...Regardless of how I answer questions on pg. 2 EF info worksheet Q1 (should be no) errors are present. 

Intuit tech support doesn't know. 

Thanks

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried swapping which spouse is the taxpayer and which is the spouse on the information worksheet?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried swapping which spouse is the taxpayer and which is the spouse on the information worksheet?

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Never mind...  it was  whining about  an unrelated attachment.     the decedent questions work fine. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That stupid unrelated attachment that triggers on one of the EF worksheets tripped me up too!!  It makes you think its related to the 1310 or the surviving spouse or something related to the deceased...its a poorly designed error message!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

self inflicted.... had i bothered to check final review I'd have figured it out sooner

... Way too many moving parts with this software...  I could have done the whole return in 1/2 the time with  without a computer

0 Cheers