Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F7004 rejection Help!

dkh
Level 15

Help !   I have two LLCs extensions rejected  Code F7004-904-01  the tax year ending date ("TaxPeriodEndDate" specified in the "ReturnHeader") must match the data in the e-file database unless one of the checkboxes in Line 5b - "Initial Return", "Final Return" or "Consolidated return to be filed" is checked.

Each of this LLCs were SMLLC for 2021.  Each LLC sold to two people which now requires filing F1065. 

Do I need to mark them as an Initial Return ?   Do I change the Date Business Started to 01/01/2022 instead of when the LLC was formed? 

Sidenote - don't know if it matters - 2021 tax returns of taxpayer of SMLLC have not been filed.

TIA - DKH

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
amymunoz
Level 1

same issue and i selected intial and it didnt get rejected anymore. 

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Seeing a lot of this in the FB Tax Pro groups, post office is gonna be busy.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I would vote for giving "initial return" a whirl.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

That's what I was leaning towards.   Wondered if it would create some kind of issue in the future.

I know I've filed an extension for same situation (SMLLC to multi member LLC) a few years ago without any issue.    

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just invest in a flux capacitor and you don't have to worry about the future.😁

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Lisa, per the FB posts, does this seem to be a new issue for 2022 extensions ?

Can I ask which FB group(s) do you follow ?    I've looked at some postings in a public group - it was overwhelming. 

0 Cheers
amymunoz
Level 1

same issue and i selected intial and it didnt get rejected anymore. 

dkh
Level 15

@amymunoz    Thank you for that information.  Good to know.  

0 Cheers