Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess Advance Premium Repayment

MarianneMicco
Level 1

Client was unemployed for 3 months and received marketplace insurance.  In those 3 months she was qualified to get it and not owe anything back.  When employment started, she dropped marketplace and went onto employer plan and made good money.  Shouldn't there be an adjustment allowed to show the real AGI for those 3 months?  And not have the AGI that includes the 9 months wages?  I can't get to a place where the AGI can be modified to show the actual AGI per month.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Dusty2
Level 7

"Shouldn't there be an adjustment allowed to show the real AGI for those 3 months?"

Seems like there should be but things that make sense to you and me are not always part of the tax code.

" I can't get to a place where the AGI can be modified to show the actual AGI per month."

That is because there isn't one.

Dusty

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It doesn't matter about AGI per month, it uses annual income.   This happens to so many people when they go back to work, and it sucks.

If they're eligible, could making an IRA contribution lower the income enough to avoid payback?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪