Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV TAX CREDIT IS NOT CALCULATING

gk
Level 5

Hi,

I was trying to take the EV credit for NEW Tesla model Y bought in 05/15/23.  I completed all Part 1  and i checked "YES" of  Ln 8 of part II. However i don't see any  credit on Ln 9 . Did i miss anything?. Pls advise

GK

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Form 8936 will not be ready for e-filing until February 21st (!)  That is the likely issue why your credit is not computing -- the form is not yet ready in Proseries.  I encountered the same issue yesterday.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Form 8936 will not be ready for e-filing until February 21st (!)  That is the likely issue why your credit is not computing -- the form is not yet ready in Proseries.  I encountered the same issue yesterday.

0 Cheers
Taxesnmore
Level 2

The credit is computing, the problem I have is that self employed with an AGI of 15000 is not getting credit.  Do you know why?

0 Cheers
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

What do you mean when you say "the credit is computing"?

0 Cheers
Taxesnmore
Level 2

it calculate for my W2 client but not for self employed client

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Is there an 'INCOME TAX' liability for the S/E client?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
gk
Level 5

Hi,

I have completed Part 1 for Model Y bought on 02/02/2023 and yes to Part 2 line 8, however i dont see an amount in line 9 of part 2. Did i make any mistake?

GK

0 Cheers