Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSignatures for Business returns

nancy2
Level 5

Ok, asking again for some guidance.  As far as the authentification process when you do eSignatures for business returns.  Are those questions answered by the individual signing?  Or for the business?

Also, is there a video or article giving detailed instructions on how to do this.  I saw a pretty simple video but it did not cover this issue and when I tried to get an eSignature on a partnership return it failed.  We used information on the entity, not the individual who was signing.

Thank you for your help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
anita1
Level 3

Yes I have used the esignature for the business returns. The secret is you have to use a person's name NOT the business name or other wise it will fail.  Using the esignature for the business return is a little different and a bit more work. I used Edoc  as a stand  alone product last year so it was not a problem to do the extra steps.

First you have to have a partner's(shareholder's) name and email address who is going to sign the 8879(P,S, C) The Esignature form has these block empty. You have to type them in your self.

You also have to do a little more work on the form grabbing the date and signature icons from the left and drag them to the line you want to partner(shareholder) to sign on.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
anita1
Level 3

Yes I have used the esignature for the business returns. The secret is you have to use a person's name NOT the business name or other wise it will fail.  Using the esignature for the business return is a little different and a bit more work. I used Edoc  as a stand  alone product last year so it was not a problem to do the extra steps.

First you have to have a partner's(shareholder's) name and email address who is going to sign the 8879(P,S, C) The Esignature form has these block empty. You have to type them in your self.

You also have to do a little more work on the form grabbing the date and signature icons from the left and drag them to the line you want to partner(shareholder) to sign on.

nancy2
Level 5

Thank you. 

Edaroo
Level 1

Ran into same problem. Thank you!!

0 Cheers
jvb1
Level 2

Your reference/answer is that you use a separate product to obtain the signature, you do use Lacerte or Intuit.

I am looking to use Lacerte eSignature for business returns and get paid.

Joe

0 Cheers