Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 25741 when Transfering 2021 TurboTax 1040 into ProSeries 2021

Lakhotia-Tax
Level 1

I am attempting to transfer a simple 1040 from TurboTax 2021 into ProSeries 2021 and get the error: "An unknown error occurred while attempting to transfer (25741)"

This is a common procedure I've done successfully on 100s of file, first time encountering this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is it a TT Online file or TT Desktop file?  I dont think TT Online files will transfer over to PS. 

I think it has something to do with a password being required to log into the Online version.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Lakhotia-Tax
Level 1

Its TT Desktop. Password already considered even its TT Desktop & PS Desktop

issue still not resolved

Thank you

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
that's all I got, sorry. might have to call support.

0 Cheers
Lakhotia-Tax
Level 1

Thank you

0 Cheers
smetzel
Level 2

Was support able to assist you?  I'm having the same issue.

0 Cheers
Dleedoyle
Level 1

Having similar issue for 2022 transfer from turbo tax 2022 to proseries 2022. Tried saving the file in different directories, then transferring, no luck. Support suggested the different directories approach,.  I have transferred hundreds of these before with no problems, now getting error 25741.  Any suggestions. Supports says they will get back in 24-48 hours. 

0 Cheers
BPTAX22
Level 1

Any update on this?  I am having the same issue and it's really causing issues.

0 Cheers
Dleedoyle
Level 1

Yes, this year you can only transfer in a file from turbo tax with only the federal info in it (in prior years you could have both and the file transfer would work). The file I was transferring in from turbo tax to Proseries had both the federal and state info on it. So if you have a turbo tax file with both, in turbo tax, go to view, forms, go to file, then hit option “remove state return.” Save that new file, and transfer in that file. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Interesting, even if you have that same state installed in PS?

0 Cheers
kj13
Level 1

It is really weird that we were able to transfer Federal and State from Turbo Tax 2022 earlier in the year and now we get this error code 25741??? Not sure what is up with that. I did as someone said to delete the State File then transfer Federal only. I am transferring 2022 Turbo Tax 1040 into ProSeries 2022.

0 Cheers