Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile Failed - State of NJ Return

GodFather
Level 8

Federal return was efiled successfully but NJ railed due to "errors".  There are no errors on the return.  Being new to ProSeries, I'm not sure what the next step should be.  I did a final review and there are no apparent errors.  Any advice?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Open NJ and hit the REVIEW button on the toolbar, does anything in the diagnostics explain a possible reason for the problem?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
GodFather
Level 8

Lisa...I've worked through the NJ review several times.  All the information is green.  There are no apparent errors.  

NJ Efile Message.jpg

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not familiar with NJ at all, sorry. 

Hopefully some east coast preparers can help shed some light on this for you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
GodFather
Level 8

Lisa...thanks for your input.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m guessing in their”rush” to get NJ to print, they broke something.  I would try rebooting my computer, check for updates and try again.  If that still doesn’t work, I would hold off for a couple of days and then see if they got things fixed.

Slava Ukraini!
TAXATION
Level 4

What type of "error" message if everything looks green in a final review?

Is it an "efile" error message?  If yes what does it say?

GodFather
Level 8

The eifle failed message indicates I need to conduct a final review and correct the errors.  There are no errors noted.  All review screens are green and all indicate zero errors.  

0 Cheers
TAXATION
Level 4

did you contact technical support?

did you try updates and also Pro series 2021 "tool - repair update"

GodFather
Level 8

Going to wait a few days, as IronMan suggested, and see how things go.  Hopefully when they update the NJ forms it will rectify itself (although, I'm not holding my breath).