Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efile accepted without pin?

Sdeininger
Level 2

I've got an odd situation! Irs accepted an efile I submitted over 2 months ago. They still haven't processed return. Where's my refund shows they are still working on it. Client calls irs and they say there was no pin, so they can't process. They are correct, no pin was included. BUT they accepted efile. It says so on my end and their end. So ... how do I fix this? Can I submit an amendment if the original hasn't been processed? They haven't rejected the original.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

They just have to wait.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive got a handful of returns that were filed since the end of Feb that are still sitting as received at Wheres My Refund, interestingly they've all got Marketplace Insurance, but Ive double checked them all and the only thing I see is that maybe the at the bottom of the 1095A columns is off by a dollar, just due to the months having change on the end, sometimes the end result is off by that rounding dollar.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

I always make sure the TOTAL of columns match up.

abctax55
Level 15

So do I, and adjust a month or two to make it match if necessary

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Me three

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have not been adjusting for the rounding, youd think their system would have a $1 +/- rounding tolerance since the columns have change on them, but I guess I'll start that next year!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Nothing surprises me anymore with them, PA, and local.