Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-File Rejection

athaureaux6
Level 8

Hi online community. Does somebody know the cause of this rejection. Taxpayer and wife are both retired . I do not know why the rejections is mentioninthumbnail.jpgg the Obamacare here. Need your help. Thanks 

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Michelle111673
Level 2

Hi. It looks like you must enter the 1095-A and the premium tax repayment Form 8962.  The 1095-A is usually sent to taxpayers regarding their health insurance thru Covered California Marketplace. It will adjust their refund/due once this is entered. Once you entered the information from the 1095-a, it should automatically create a form for 8962.  It will indicate if the taxpayers will owe tax credit repayment or none at all, but it must be included in the return, otherwise it will be rejected.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Either you missed completing the 8962 or there is a glitch someplace in the system since this is the second reject I have seen today with that reason.

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I have seen that question a few times the last few days, but so far I do not recall anyone coming up with an answer that provides a workaround to the problem at this point. Most comment's believe that their is some mixup on the IRS end in interfacing with the marketplaces as several have mentioned having the problem with taxpayers who have never purchased insurance through the marketplace.

athaureaux6
Level 8

Hi Ironman, these taxpayers have never had the Obamacare. They have been retired for some time. They have been coming to me for years and I have not seen this before. Crazy. 

athaureaux6
Level 8

I think you are right. This people have never had the Obamacare. They have been retired for some time now. 

George4Tacks
Level 15
athaureaux6
Level 8

Hi everybody, I called the taxpayers and they told me they were "playing around" with the market place. It looks that they were enrolled while playing. And I asked them when they came and they acted like they did not know what I was talking about it. It seems that the marketplace and the IRS are now connected because if I remember correctly, before, you file first, and then, they detected the obamacare form was missing. It seems that now, they reject the return before it is even accepted. Thank you everybody. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Having this rejection is SO much better than allowing the return to be accepted then the refund gets stuck in processing and you dont see a letter requesting the 8962 for 3 months!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I agree Lisa. I hate those letters...my client got one and then waited 5 mos to receive his substantial (for him) refund in 2020. If memory serves he had the insurance for one month....