Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to access the actual e-file after transmission to IRS?

kerri3
Level 2

I'm not looking for the acknowledgement information, I need the actual return transmission detail.

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

Wouldn't that be the copy of the return that you have saved?

Slava Ukraini!
kerri3
Level 2

No. I need a copy of what was transmitted to the IRS. Somebody could have changed the information shown in the return now.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

This forum is for tax preparers who use Pro Series software... If you are not a tax preparer then go to TurboTax or wherever you came from... The question that you asked isn't a normal question that a seasoned tax preparer would ask , forgive me if I'm wrong....just my opinion..

kerri3
Level 2

You are wrong. I'm pretty sure my 29 years of tax preparation should qualify as "seasoned"...

I have a unique situation and am gathering all of the evidence to prove my position. 

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Individual whose return was efiled may have to contact the IRS and request a copy... Like Iron Man said the copy that you make before e-filing is usually what is sent unless something happens like what you are saying... I don't know what else you could do... Hope this helps good luck...just my opinion...

dkh
Level 15

What about restoring from a backup that was done on or closest to the efile submission date?

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

On every return when I print the copies before efiling, I also check box to print to "pdf" That way I always have a copy of what I originally efiled. Another benefit, if client needs copy down the road I always have a copy of return for them 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

ProSeries does not show what was actually transmitted.  We just have be presume that the correct information was sent, and hope for the best.

kerri3
Level 2

In Lacerte it is located in: 

E-File/e-file Support Tools/View e-file...

I just can't believe ProSeries doesn't have this option.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@kerri3 

Look at your list of Forms in Use, you should see one that says Original Amounts, like this.  It should have what was originally Efiled in it.

originalfiling.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

Lacerte costs more and does more. The only thing it has in common with ProSeries is that they are both Intuit brands.

Ex-AllStar
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

***faints.   I can't believe anything costs more than my ProSeries Bundle....................

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
sjrcpa
Level 15

Lacerte does

Ex-AllStar