Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have california form 3804-CR on their 2021 proseries software?

Nooshin
Level 2
I am working on an S Corp return for 2021 with  the California AB 150 election.  I have two shareholders and need to get them the form 3804-CR from the S Corp package.  After two hours of a useless phone call with a pro series agent, I was told to get the form from the FTB site, fill it up and upload it to my S corp return.  Does anyone else have this issue of missing the form 3804-CR?
0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I only see the 3804,  3804 P2 and the 3804 worksheet, no 3804CR in the list

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Nooshin
Level 2

Yes ad we have to have 3804-CR.  Do you think Proseries is ever going to install this form?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

3804CR is in the 540 program, not the state SCorp. 

Appears final and ready to EF.

0 Cheers
Nooshin
Level 2

The form is not shown on Ca Individual tax package.  I checked.  I believe it has to be on the pass-through entity level.  Like k1's this form provides the information to shareholder's to prepare their individual tax returns.  Otherwise, how would a shareholder know how much of a tax credit they must report on their individual tax return?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

kind of werid, I saw it in my 540 program at home, but Im not seeing it at the office....wonder if I need an update here.

0 Cheers
Nooshin
Level 2

Yes.  I think you need to update and you see it there.  I see it too but why individual?  How is the credit passed to the individual from the business? You think it will be shown as a credit on the individuals K1s but it is not there.

0 Cheers
Nooshin
Level 2

I am told by another CP friend who uses Lacert that the credit is reported on California K-1 Line 13d.  But my Proseries does not show the credit.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont prepare SCorp returns but it looks like youd use the 3804 worksheet on the CA SCorp return to get the credit to flow to the K-1 properly.

Then the shareholder K-1 would flow to the 3804CR form on their 540 tax return.

0 Cheers
Nooshin
Level 2

I have prepared the form 3804 and marked the credit box on each k1 worksheet but still the credit is not reported on the shareholders k1s.

0 Cheers