Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you still need to file extension for Corporation and Individual who reside in California for 2022 tax year?

binfeiwa
Level 1

It was recently announced by the CA FTB and IRS that all Corporation and Individual will have until September and October to file tax return. It appears that no extension and estimate payments required. As a result, is it automatically all tax returns will be extended? Whether Efile still needed before March 15 and April 18?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The IRS and FTB websites say its an automatic extension until Oct 16th. 

I sent all my entity extensions in back before I saw the announcement for the extended due date, Im not going to fuss with 4868s.

I AM encouraging people to not wait until Oct to pay everything (they extended the 4th qtr 2022 estimate as well as the first 3 2023 estimates until Oct 16th too!), people just get too far behind.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Caution: The extension is applicable to only those in the FEMA designated  area.  It isn't a blanket extension for everyone in CA.   By my count only 41 counties were covered in the first extension (to May 15).  A few more were added when IRS came out with the second (to October 16) .  

Guess how many counties California has?   (Hint: Do NOT believe @IRonMaN 's answer.) 

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers