Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent care exp are allowed if paid prior to the dependent turning 13. The program will not allow this as an error comes up if the child turned 13 as of 12/31/2023.

FAS
Level 1
What is the work around until it is fixed? I did not have this issue for 2022, this is new for 2023 Proseries.
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

2022 software didn’t do a correct age cutoff.  So they “fixed” the software which now causes this issue.  You could try overriding the software and turning off the error checking feature when converting for e-filing, but no guarantees that it will work.

Slava Ukraini!
FAS
Level 1

I think the cutoff should be 14 for the program and leave it up to the preparer to know the rules. I dislike disabling the error checking but it may be the only option for e-filing unless proseries fixes it (and fast!). The other issue is that with that error, it appears that I can not use the E-signature option through the program. Just more steps and time being spent on returns that is not needed. I do appreciate the fast response. Thank you.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!