Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Scanning and Outsourcing Options Available on ProSeries Professional

jeffreyeng
Level 3

Hi,

What data scanning and outsourcing options are available for individual returns on ProSeries Professional? What about for business returns?

Any recommenations for scanning and outsourcing options are appreciated.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

ProSeries Tax Import is a scanning option. Link allow for downloads and portal type options. I wouldn't touch either but others do use it.  Buy yourself a quality .pdf scanner and do it in-house.  Outsourcing - I get at least 5 emails a day from India looking for me to outsource.  Again, wouldn't touch it if my life depended on it.  And you're looking into this now mid-March?  Shouldn't that have been last summer or fall?

0 Cheers
jeffreyeng
Level 3

Yes. these things should've been looked at earlier but I am just brainstorming for next tax season.

Have you used ProSeries Tax Import or another other pdf scanners? What are your thoughts on those and do you have any recommendations?

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

There are some scanning companies that have popped up.  most don't work with ProSeries.  I will not use any.  I don't believe in spending more time reviewing the scanned in info than just entering it myself. My only imports are Fixed Asset Manager by ProSeries and K-1 import within ProSeries.

I'm also of the belief that all of the add-ons - scan import, Link, Hosting, etc. are just one more item to break and be frustrated with.  This is my 42nd tax season, I've been paperless for at least 25 and I've accepted that the more software engineers tinker with, the more that breaks.

0 Cheers