Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Presentation Printing In Middle of PDF?

SL855
Level 3

For ProSeries 2022, initially the client presentation was not printing at all. After the last update, it appears that it is printing but it will print in the middle of the return. By middle I mean after the federal return and before the state.

We went through multiple calls with support repairing and reinstalling updates to no avail. One support rep had it happen on his side as well.

There is no way to change the placement based on print order or other options.

Is this intentional or a bug? It being intentional seems strange because it is such an odd placement, but if it is it would be really nice to have functionality added to allow us to change the order and put it at the very beginning of the return.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a bug.  The rule of thumb with Intuit is, if one thing is fixed, watch closely because they most likely broke something else in the process.

Slava Ukraini!
GodFather
Level 8

Are you printing it to pdf?  If so, can't you rearrange the order within Adobe or some other pdf program?  Yes, I'm aware that can be somewhat time consuming but at least it is one way to have the client presentation placed at the beginning.   

SL855
Level 3

I mean, the only way for now. I'm hoping that this post and other people bringing it to Intuit's attention will get them to fix it. Every other year for the more than a decade we've been using ProSeries they've put it at the beginning.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Out of curiosity, do your clients actually make use of the presentation?  For most of my clients, once they have seen how much their refund or balance due is, they have seen enough.

Slava Ukraini!
SL855
Level 3

I'd say the majority ignore it, but a decent number absolutely LOVE it. Way more than I ever would have expected. I think it also gives the client a feeling of more professionalism and just a nicer presentation of the return itself, especially since we do almost everything electronically and don't put the returns in fancy binders or something.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks!

Slava Ukraini!
mfriedman
Level 2

Agreed this needs to be fixed.  While many users may be able to print and re-order the client presentation  after printing, ALL our presentations are done virtually via a Zoom Presentation of their Tax Return pdf.  (No Paper involved)

This glitch not only screws up the flow of the presentation it looks very unprofessional and chaotic for the client to see us scrolling back and forth through the entire pdf to get to the page that we're looking to review.

Most of our clients prefer the Client Presentation vs. going over the 1040 and supplemental forms.  For now Intuit is leaving us no choice but to forgo the Client Presentation.

C'mon Intuit Pro Series been using you for years, and YOU CAN DO BETTER!

0 Cheers