Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client is filing single. Why is ProSeries giving me an error the the Spouse Id Verification? Thanks in advance, Christopher

chapguy19
Level 4

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
staceysummers
Level 2

Have you tried checking the filing status?  I have had this happen then realized I had the client marked as married.  Sometimes it's the simplest things that drive me the craziest!

chapguy19
Level 4

Thanks.

That was the first thing I thought of.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Christopher

0 Cheers
staceysummers
Level 2

You could open the Identity Verification Worksheet and put a check in the box beside, "Spouse" under the "Taxpayer/Spouse does not have a drivers license or state id".  This might fix the error you are getting, but doesn't explain what is making the error happen in the first place.  Could be a work around.  Generally, when I have something like this happen, there is a box somewhere that has input that shouldn't or it doesn't and should.  

Could you have some input in the spouse box(es) on the Federal Information Worksheet?

Sorry I'm not much help.  

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

try deleing the form and then go back in and re-enter the info - that's worked for me when I get a weird error 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I agree, that ID verification page gets weird sometimes and I have to completely delete it, and let it regenerate before it will act right again.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I vaguely remember having that happen when I didn't delete the ex-spouse SSN somewhere