Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGING STATUS

HOPE2
Level 8

Hi everybody. 

I changed my client status from Married filing separately to head of households, but Proseries does not allow me to e-file. Should client to mail it or we can remove the e-filing error?

I think we have 8 days left to e-file.

I am hoping someone can help me.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There were some years of amended returns that you were not allowed to EF if you had a filing status change....sounds like thats the issue.  Paper filing is your only option.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Changing the filing status shouldnt disallow EFiling.  Use the Review button and read the diagnostics, WHY cant it be EFiled? Is there an error somewhere?

George4Tacks
Level 15

Just a guess. Change back to MFS and delete the spouse, then change back to HoH and see if it clears the error. Another possibility is that as MFS there are entries tied to a spouse that need to be cleared.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Is this an amended return?  If so, what year?

As Lisa said, how exactly does it not allow you to e-file (if there is an error message or a rejection message, what is it)?

0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

Yes this is an amended. And Error says: 

ERROR.jpg

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There were some years of amended returns that you were not allowed to EF if you had a filing status change....sounds like thats the issue.  Paper filing is your only option.

HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks a lot Lisa, you are perfect.

0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

Thanks, @Lisa and @TaxGuyBill and other folks to me  always helpful.

First I filed MFS and his daughter student under 24, she already filed as single and she was not  dependent for the client.

Now that I am going to paper file because of changing status 1040-X for client, E-filing for her daughter now is available as a dependent by 1040-X. ( single independent to single as a dependent)

can I E-file for daughter for today (before the IRS begins shot down E-filing) and for some reason paper file for the client by 3-4 weeks later, he is out of the country.

0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

0 Cheers