Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you file Form 4868 if you do not owe?

Level 1
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Level 11

If you're requesting a 104 0 extension then you have to file 4868 either on paper or elecrronically. If you owe, you pay with the form.  If you don't owe you don't pay.  Also note whether your state has its own extension form or accepts the Federal filing. Every state that has taxes has its own rules.

Level 15


Slava Ukraini!