Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't print select pages from print preview in ProSeries pro

RJGCPA
Level 2

I am not able to print selected pages when in print preview!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I only print from the Print Preview window, so I know it works.

You cant check or uncheck the boxes next to the forms in the list?

Are you sure you dont have Print to PDF chosen in the Print window by mistake?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

if you are printing to FILE  (,pdf) you can't print selected pages from Print Preview. Been that way forever.

Like @Just-Lisa-Now-  said, when i print hard copies, and want to specify forms, I just uncheck the .pdf opiion. 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
RJGCPA
Level 2

I've used ProSeries for a number of years. Never had a problem with printing selected forms from 'print preview'. I understand you can't do this to a pdf. However, I'm trying to print hard copy (i.e. paper).

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I just wanted to be sure you didnt have t set to PDF by accident so nothing was coming out of the printer.

So you cant check or uncheck the boxes in Print Preview? or that part works but noting prints?

0 Cheers
RJGCPA
Level 2

I'll try again.

I select file copy. I select 'printer'. I select 'print preview'. I uncheck several forms that I don't want printed. The remaining forms with a check mark next to them will not print 'to paper'.

I am not invoking the 'pdf' icon at all. I am only selecting 'printer'.

I can successfully do this with the 2019 version of pro series.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
What Im saying is sometimes I forget to check that what I have it marked for on the screen prior to the Print Preview window....Ive printed to PDF on a prior clients return and it saves that setting on the next return, so when I try to print the next client it seems like nothing prints when in fact its printing to PDF.

Double check that you have the Printer box marked on the print window prior to going into the Print Preview screen.

For other weird printing issues a reboot of both printer and computer seems to cure the problem.

0 Cheers
NancyG
Level 1

I am having the same problem.  Not marked to print pdf.  Unselect certain forms from print preview and then hit print and nothing happens.

0 Cheers
RJGCPA
Level 2

I had to uninstall pro series and then re-install the program. It helped but sometimes still have an issue. It indicates info sent to printer but printer has nothing in its que to print. Frustrating since it works fine in Pro Series 2019.

0 Cheers