Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can qbi count for a temporary sch. c job

Binky
Level 2

client is a personal trainer. in between w-2 jobs she worked as a person trainer for one person at his home. she did this for 3 months and then took the second w-2 job.  does the 3  month's income count for as qualified business income?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Ernie
Level 9

Is there something that you read / know that would make you think it would not be?

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Ernie
Level 9

Is there something that you read / know that would make you think it would not be?

0 Cheers
Binky
Level 2
yes.  per natp seminar, the taxpayer must be involved continually and regularly.  She worked 3 months in visiting a person.  I wasn't sure that qualified.  She made $400 per month.  
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
So they are saying if it is a hobby it does not count.  Otherwise it counts.  Did she do it as a hobby or a business when she was doing it?
0 Cheers
Binky
Level 2
It's her job.  I was just thrown by the fact that so little time was spent doing it.  Thank you for straightening that out for me.  I very much appreciate it.
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
Glad to help.
0 Cheers