Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ProConnect file tax return to Canada gov?

EllaQCPA
Level 3

Can ProConnect file a tax return to the Canada gov (their version of IRS)?

CPA Master of Accounting
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax has a Canadian version, but Ive never seen anything Canadian in the Professional Intuit Products

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itonewbie
Level 15

As Lisa says, ProConnect Tax does not prepare Canadian returns.  It is strictly for US tax return preparation.

If you are looking for Intuit's professional tax product for Canadian tax, they do have one that runs on PC: https://profile.intuit.ca/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Weird, when I googled, Intuit Canadian software, only Turbotax Canada came up!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itonewbie
Level 15

I just remember looking that up some years ago and wondered if they have something available for Canadian tax.  Didn't know they have a Canadian version of TurboTax but wouldn't be surprised.

In fact, it turns out Intuit also had a UK professional tax product many years ago.  That product called TaxCalc was bought over by another company which continues to develop it through the years for use by accounting firms, business owners, and individuals.  Stumbled upon it while looking for tax software to prepare my first UK returns.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

There used to be an Intuit Canadian tax software. I think it was under the Lacerte brand. I demo'd it because I had one corp that needed to file to get refunds. I didn't buy it since it wasn't cost effective. Don't know if they still have it.

EDIT: I should have looked at Jensen's post more closely.

Ex-AllStar
EllaQCPA
Level 3

Thank you! 

I did locate and it seems people can just file online for FREE? 🙂

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/taxes/income-tax/personal-income-tax/get-ready-taxes.html

CPA Master of Accounting
0 Cheers