Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set ProSeries to "Auto Logoff"?

jeanmarc
Level 4

I read in another post that ProSeries will automatically log off after 30 minutes of inactivity. However, this is not the case with my installs (at least not for 2023 and 2022, I have yet to test the others). I want to know if there is a way to set this because once in a while one of my preparers will forget to log off at the end of the day. TIA!

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

Automatically logging off a user after 30 minutes of inactivity is not an option but an IRS requirement for all tax software developers, including Intuit, that came out of the 2016 Security Summit.  There is no option for turning this on or off.

Do you have a mouse jiggler of some sort installed?  Or perhaps you were on the PS screen on and off?

If you still have problems with that, you should contact Intuit Support so that they can look into that for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 30 minute logoff disappeared last year, they changed it to 12 hours.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
itonewbie
Level 15

Ah, @Just-Lisa-Now- is right.  I totally missed it.  Here are the threads about the change:

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/upgraded-login-security...

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/2-factor-authentication-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
jeanmarc
Level 4

I would think that with the new security concerns ProSeries has been pushing bc of the IRS that 30 min would be the default. Twelve hours doesn't make sense IMO.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

People constantly complained about the 30 minute log off (too quick!), but 12 hours seems awfully excessive (are we really sitting here working for 12 freaking hours at a time?).....but I guess we didn't get a vote on it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪