Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Acceptance of Personal Returns

Leetpurple
Level 3

I have E-filed a couple of California personal returns a couple of days ago and they have still not been accepted.  Anyone else with this issue?  Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Leetpurple
Level 3

I received approval  today of one return e-filed 3 days ago.  Still waiting on another.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

Yep - 3 threads going on the situation plus a moderator just posted one

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
chester
Level 3

I think it's an Intuit issue - we file with Intuit, then Intuit submits the returns and Intuit receives the acknowledgements.  This year it seems I have had to wait a couple of days for the CA acknowledgement (Fed came back quickly), but ultimately it comes through.  When I look at the "Preparer Electronic Filing Instructions" it always shows the accepted date the same as the Fed.  So it's a matter of waiting for Intuit.  I'm not happy about it.

Leetpurple
Level 3

Thanks, where would I find the other threads? 

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

My Drake contact said that CA is 35 hours behind in sending them acks.  So it's not an Intuit problem.  It's a CA problem.

abctax55
Level 15

I just efiled a 2020 (FYE) California Corp Return and it was accepted within minutes.  Go figure 🙂

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

And other than it messing with my "system" of moving the clients thru the status tree in Lacerte, AND physically moving files from one drawer to another.... it's not an issue.  Once sent, that time/date stamp is the filing date.

I have some bigger fish that need to be fried 🤣

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Mytime
Level 1

Yes apparently most of us~

0 Cheers
Leetpurple
Level 3

I received approval  today of one return e-filed 3 days ago.  Still waiting on another.

0 Cheers
chester
Level 3

I'm curious what your return shows as the "accepted date."  When I get the acknowledgements back, even if it took a few days, the accepted date has always been the date I filed.

0 Cheers