Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Return being rejected because of shared responsibility payment (form 3853)

bill6
Level 3

My client's return is being rejected because there is invalid or missing information on their California form 3853 Healthcare Shared Responsibility payment. 

For starters, they don't owe a shared responsibility payment because they had health insurance and it was not through the marketplace.

For whatever reason, I can't delete the Form 3853 from their California return nor is there anywhere where I can indicate that they had health insurance fore the entire year. 

How do I resolve this bug? I am using ProSeries Basic. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
should be a yes or no box at the top of the Healthcare Worksheet in he CA return to designate that they had insurance all year..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is your Help article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1095/help/california-health-coverage-and-individual-sha...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
kelmelsd
Level 2

In the California return, use the Find Form button. Select Healthcare Wrks and check the box indicating they have health insurance.  Going through the efile diagnostic will bring you here for residents, but not for nonresidents.

0 Cheers