Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming primary admin

MarciaOlivia
Level 1

Has anyone ever had to become an account's primary admin (basically take over the ownership of another individual's account)?  The primary admin of the account I'm an admin on passed away.  I finished up some tax returns in his account and added my credit card information for the pay by return.  When the auto renewal came up, my card was charged for that.  I would like to have that money refunded, so I can set up my own account, but since I'm not the primary admin on the account,  I can't be refunded. 

There is a procedure for this, but the literature outlining the required information to make the change is unclear as to what documentation I need to get from the executor of his estate to establish that they will allow me to become the admin.  I've practically begged customer service for this information and they can't seem to tell me.  I'm stuck and I'd be grateful if anyone can help me. 

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
qbteachmt
Level 15

In this case, I would dispute the charge for the product with the credit card company. It's the same as someone charging you for something you did not order.

Then you can approach Intuit as the new customer you are.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.