Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

balance due on return

Level 1

Taxpayers owe taxes on their Form 1040.  Their children want to pay the taxes, each paying 1/3 of the taxes owed.  What form do I use or how do I do this???????


0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Level 15
Level 15

How much $$ are we talking about?   

You could give them each individual 1040V payment vouchers to mail in payment, be sure they put the SSN listed first on the parents return on their check or money order to be sure its credited properly.

Or the can use IRS DirectPay to make payments to their parents account, theyd need the info of the parents tax return (SSN, address, etc)  in order to do this.