Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching PDF files to S Corp and diagnostic message on review

PMB1
Level 2

I have PDF attachments for an E filed S Corp income tax return that are attached as an "other type" documents. The diagnostic  report for the return gives me a message "If the category is Other", electronic filing in not allowed (document category). No error is cited during the review function. Does this mean that the attachment will not be submitted on an E file basis? I checked a C Corp returns diagnostic for the same documents and the message is not included on that diagnostic. I would appreciate any insight any of you have regarding this issue.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did you try writing a little description in the box that is available on the attachment thingy?

Slava Ukraini!
PMB1
Level 2

Yes

IRonMaN
Level 15

Out of curiosity, what are you trying to attach?

Slava Ukraini!
PMB1
Level 2

IRS forms and attachments not supported by Proseries. I am dealing with issues that have substantial penalties for non compliance. I hate mailing income tax returns because there is a good chance they will be lost by the IRS processing people.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm not really sure if the return just won't transmit or it is going to sail off without the pdfs.  If it won't convert, you could try disabling the little error checker thingy but I'm not convinced it wouldn't still leave the attachment behind.  I hate to say it, but you might want to give support a call.  You might want to keep your lucky rabbit's foot handy to help your odds of getting someone that knows what they are talking about at support.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers