Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API or SDK for Proseries - Does it Exist or Any Workarounds?

keilor
Level 1

Hello Proseries Community,

Over the last few months, I've been diving deep into the world of APIs and SDKs, specifically trying to find one for Proseries. I found a lot about Lacerte and QuickBooks on Intuit's developer site, but Proseries seems to remain a puzzle.

I reached out to Proseries tech support, but they were unable to provide clarity on this topic. They did, however, suggest that members of this community might have insights.

I am well aware that Proseries can communicate with QuickBooks, but it's also notable that products outside of the Intuit umbrella, such as Smartvault, are able to interface with Proseries. This raises the question, how are they achieving this? And is there a potential workaround that others might utilize?

Back in the day with those DBF files, sending data to Proseries was a breeze, but this has left me wondering: are there known workarounds to integrate with Proseries, especially now that DBF files are no longer in use?

If anyone has information or insights regarding a Proseries API, SDK, or any other integration methods, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Moreover, if it becomes evident that no such API or SDK exists currently, I would encourage community members to share their interest in having one. A collective voice might urge Intuit to consider this important development for Proseries.

Thanks in advance for any info or thoughts!

Keilor

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
qbteachmt
Level 15

It's a few years old, but you can read this topic to get a sense of the status at that time:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/txf-tax-exchange-format...

Most everything, even the IRS, has moved to XML, of course, if there is much precision with complexity. Otherwise, csv is often an interim stage.

I'm in the Intuit Developer community and I've never seen anything other than the Lacerte interface for the tax prep products, the Trial Balance import for ProSeries, and the Smart Vault/DMS. There even is an SDK subforum here for the Lacerte forum, but it doesn't have much traffic.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.