Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending NC tax return because federal was amended

Level 3

I am reaching out to the NC CPAs. I am a VA CPA and I have a client who moved to NC.

I did prepare and electronically filed their part year tax returns. But after the returns were filed , the taxpayer received another 1098 which enables her to itemized on the  federal return. But on NC I can not seems to get the amended return to change from standard deduction to itemized. Sch A will not let me add the figures. What am I doing wrong? The mortgage interest went from 11734.98 to 27441.07 donations are 1760 and RE taxes are 2526. all of these numbers are greater then the standrad deduction. Please help

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Level 11
Level 11

When you set up the amended return did you activate the N.C. amendment before making changes to the federal?

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers