Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accidental double post

taxes96786
Level 9

I completed a return. The review is asking for foreign address. I can't clear the error. There is/never has been a foreign address for this client.

Can anyone help?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@taxes96786 wrote:

nope,,, only difference from last year is taxpayers moved from Oahu to Molokai and primary taxpayer died in 12/22. I entered date of death.

If deleting the address and re-entering it doesn't fix it, I think I would 'test out' the program by entering the OLD address to see if that works.  That might narrow it down to if the program is just having a problem with the new address, or if it is something else.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you watched the ProSeries tutorials?

Slava Ukraini!
taxes96786
Level 9

you are a stalker. Ask me if I care.....I don't 

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

This is a legit question that i would appreciate some help with...not your SA remarks.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Review entries on info worksheet  no idea what double post means

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

When the review/error check asks you for that, where EXACTLY is it bringing you?  Is it the Info worksheet for the taxpayer?  Employer address on a  W-2?  Somewhere else?

IRonMaN
Level 15

You have told how many people so far this year to either review the tutorials or read Pub 17.  Shall we now officially categorize those posts as SA?

As a side note you don’t provide a lot of details on what exactly is going on or what you have done to try to correct the issue.  Help provided here is only as good as the information provided by the person seeking help.

Slava Ukraini!
taxes96786
Level 9

TaxGuyBill

it brings me to the foreign address area on the info worksheet. The box is lined in red and I checked for an override, none there. No option to see where else it may be posted.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Skylane double post means I accidentally posted the question twice on this forum.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

IronmaN  I am aghast at your obsession with me. Do you find one person to pick on each year and follow them? I think you secretly adore me.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Yeah - it's really irritating when a legitimate question is answered with a SA response of 'have you looked at the instructions' or 'have you read Pub 17'.  Right? 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The actual address is pink?  If so, did you double check the the little box for a foreign address didn't accidentally get checked?

You've double checked the address is entered in the US address section, rather than the foreign address section?

Have you tried deleting the entire address and re-entering it again (in the US address section, and without the little foreign box checked)?

Is there a Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555) in the return that might be triggering something weird?

taxes96786
Level 9

The actual address is pink?  If so, did you double check the the little box for a foreign address didn't accidentally get checked?

not checked

You've double checked the address is entered in the US address section, rather than the foreign address section?

yes

Have you tried deleting the entire address and re-entering it again (in the US address section, and without the little foreign box checked)?

I'll try that...this is a town on island of Molokai, Hawaii. Entered Zip code and correct Town name appeared. i wonder if PS isn't aware that Hawaii is a US State.

Is there a Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555) in the return that might be triggering something weird?

nope,,, only difference from last year is taxpayers moved from Oahu to Molokai and primary taxpayer died in 12/22. I entered date of death.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@taxes96786 wrote:

If deleting the address and re-entering it doesn't fix it, I think I would 'test out' the program by entering the OLD address to see if that works.  That might narrow it down to if the program is just having a problem with the new address, or if it is something else.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

TaxGuyBill...I found the error.... I had entered the address, a po box, without a space between "box" and the box number. When I put the space in it cleared the foreign address.  

Who knew...I am rarely stumped by PS but this had done me in.

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time and effort to help. IronMaN needs to take lessons from you.

Mahalo and aloha

0 Cheers