Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 ProSeries Professional version South Carolina Use Tax

Ali
Level 3

Client in South Carolina has out-of-state purchases.  The Use Tax Worksheet for Out-Of-State Purchases isn't calculating the tax due.  I have entered the sales tax rate for the locality in the federal program, schedule A, line 5.  What am I missing?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dot know about SC, but for CA use tax, theres a special place on the state return to input out of state purchases, or you can choose to let the program use a table based on your income to figure Use Tax...it doesn't pull from fed Sch A.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Ali
Level 3

Yes, SC has that too.  It's on this Use Tax worksheet.  I input the purchases and the worksheet is supposed to calculate the sales tax based on that, but it's not pulling a sales tax rate from anywhere.  I'm looking in the SC module for it and don't see anywhere on the information worksheet.  All I have is the federal schedule A worksheet which has the correct sales tax percentage.  Not sure why the SC program doesn't pull from there.  And if not from there, from where?  Right now I'm over riding, which I really don't like doing.   Thanks for your input.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

CA has a box on that Use tax worksheet for me to input the sales tax rate for those purchases.  I dnt have SC installed, so I cant go look for you very easily, sorry.   

If your in the Use Tax worksheet and hit the yellow ? on the toolbar, does it give any info about it?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Ali
Level 3

No box on the worksheet.  The yellow ? is more like the instructions and purpose of the form.  When I right click on the Tax Due line, it won't allow a Cross Reference. I double checked again today in case there is an update, but that's not it.  I see my only option as an override. 😐

Thank you for your suggestions!  I appreciate you taking the time during this busy season.  If I ever find out what's going on, I'll come back here and let you know.

Ali

0 Cheers