Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 1099-S for non business Home sale

RuneySolutions
Level 1

I've had a few clients sell their vacation home. They have received a 1099-s for the sale.

I don't want to put this on Sch D because it doesn't feel right to put 1099-s information in a non 1099 related form.

I don't want to put it on 4797 because these weren't business properties.

I don't want to put it on the 1099-s home sale because this wasn't their primary home.

So...... where do I put this information?

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use the 1099B worksheet Quick Entry table, thats where you report a 1099S.  If you double click on the entry line, you'll find a box to check if its a vacation property.

1099svacationhome.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

"it doesn't feel right to put 1099-s information in a non 1099 related form"

Is it just me or does a 1099-s still look like a 1099, only with an S attached?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
they really need to change the name of the worksheet from 1099B worksheet to Capital Gains/Loss worksheet, would solve lots of confusion.

hcliston
Level 4

Thank you, Lisa!  I've been struggling with this 1099-S for too long!

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:
they really need to change the name of the worksheet from 1099B worksheet to Capital Gains/Loss worksheet, would solve lots of confusion.

Ironically, IMO ProSeries had THE BEST Sch D Wks in the industry.  Practically every situation, they had a section for.  From stock options to home sale to sale of inherited stocks, it was like the Prego recipe . . . "It's In There!"  Then after I left they scrapped it and shoe-horned everything into a 1099-B.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They still have a lot of that, if you double click on one of the Sch D entry line, you get a page with a bunch of other options, but I agree, they messed with something that didnt need to be messed with.

Camp1040
Level 10

@rbynaker  I think THE BEST Sch. D worksheet got moved to TT.

ljr
Level 8

Intuit did have the best worksheet for sales - I hate having to use the 1099-B for a sale of a second home 

0 Cheers