Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 1040 NR can't open CA LLC ? Any Clue

bm
Level 3

2021 1040 NR can't open CA LLC ?

I have marked on Schedule C where box says " LLC in CA " has anyone got idea where to find. I called agent today but no clue how to activate CA LLC

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Yea, I think its a program limitation, you wont be able to link the 568 to the 1040NR/540NR situation.

You can prepare the Sch C in a regular 1040, then use that to create the 568, un check the other EF boxes on the Fed Info worksheet and only leave the CA LLC checked for EF, it can be Efiled on its own.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im not sure if you can attach a 568 to a 1040NR like that...but just in case, you've got the CA LLC module installed, right? Its a separate box on the Download/Install New Products window.

0 Cheers
bm
Level 3

Thanks! for quick response

I have other tax returns of 1040 where there is no problem for CA LLC Form 568

I have updated all CA LLC twice but still can't activate.

It is only Form 1040NR where 540NR can be activated but not CA LLC even on Efile you can't select CA LLC

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Yea, I think its a program limitation, you wont be able to link the 568 to the 1040NR/540NR situation.

You can prepare the Sch C in a regular 1040, then use that to create the 568, un check the other EF boxes on the Fed Info worksheet and only leave the CA LLC checked for EF, it can be Efiled on its own.

bm
Level 3

Thanks! for the response.

That is good way of doing the CA LLC for NR