Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 E-filing North Carolina Amended Returns

powellrh1
Level 2

Anyone heard if Proseries is going to add a "fix" to their 2020 Program to allow North Carolina amended 2020 returns to be electronically filed?  In the 1040 program for 2020, North Carolina WAS in their "drop down box" of states that could be chosen for e-filing amended returns, but has now disappeared.

I called the NC Department of Revenue E-file and Development Unit today and was told that the NC DOR does accept electronically filed amended returns for 2020.  The agent was very confident in her answer as I explained the situation.  She recommended talking to our software provider.

We cannot be the only firm that has a LOT of 2020 NC Returns that need to be amended due to the Legislative change made late in 2021 that allowed 2020 PPP loans to be tax free (AFTER they originally taxed those funds in 2020). 

Any information would be helpful before we start manually preparing over 50 (at last count) NC amended returns. 

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Last summer they added several states to 2020 to allow EF amended returns, they all disappeared now. They seem to be available in 2021 though, so I think the initial addition to the 2020 program was a mistake.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers