Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099-B Worksheet

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

At the very bottom of the 1099-B Worksheet there is a line, "PDF Attachment," with boxes for a 'Yes' or 'No' answer.  It seems to me if a PDF is being attached, then the answer should be 'Yes."  However, the default answer is 'No', and I cannot figure what inputs trigger this box to be checked.  In order to change from the default answer, an override is necessary.

Usually in these situations I can figure it out by right-clicking and select cross-reference, but that option is not available.  Any hints?  For as long as PDF attachments to the returns have been permitted, I have never done anything but attach the file as an efile attachment.  If I have been doing something wrong all these years, I will not be surprised! 😂

Any help or insights will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Mike

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

I think that   "PDF Attachment," with boxes for a 'Yes' or 'No'   gets triggered from data entry that absolutely requires a pdf. - not for when someone chooses to attach a pdf instead of entering the detail.

No love letters from IRS for the way you've done it in past years - I'd say you're good.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
dkh
Level 15

I think that   "PDF Attachment," with boxes for a 'Yes' or 'No'   gets triggered from data entry that absolutely requires a pdf. - not for when someone chooses to attach a pdf instead of entering the detail.

No love letters from IRS for the way you've done it in past years - I'd say you're good.

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Thanks.  That's kind of my feeling about having not heard anything for probably 10 or more years!  I appreciate the response.

dkh
Level 15

You're welcome.

0 Cheers