Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the entry to trigger direct deposit on an Oklahoma non-Res return. It's not in the Misc Info/Direct Dep area.

alpacaco
Level 1
There's no checkbox that I can find to trigger the state direct deposit in the Oklahoma section of Misc Info/Direct Dep
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Keep going down. The field says "1 = direct deposit, 2 = debit card" Enter a 1.

It's the third line up from the very very bottom of the Oklahoma section.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

Might it be that OK won't do a direct deposit for a nonresident return? Seems I might have had this last year. Maybe @PhoebeRoberts knows.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Works fine for me, same as for an OK resident return.

1 If Direct Deposit
Oklahoma Direct Deposit of Refund / Electronic Payment Screen 3; Code 454

Select the box (or enter 1) to elect direct deposit for electronic filing.

Note for Electronic Filing: The Oklahoma Tax Commission accepts direct deposit of refund on electronic returns only if the following two requirements are met:

The taxpayer elects direct deposit of refund on their Federal return.

The State refund is to be deposited in the same account as the Federal refund.

Note: If you do not choose to have your refund deposited directly into your bank account, you will receive a debit card. Taxpayers filing a joint return will each receive a card in their name. Each card will have access to the full amount of the refund

alpacaco
Level 1

I'm going to get very basic here. :

General Tab.....Misc Info/Direct Deposit....I have Federal refund direct deposit checked and the bank info.  Down at the bottom of the same screen I see:

Direct Deposit (if different)

Then the area to input institution info.
There is no place on this screen to input the option of direct deposit.  I've checked the State tab and there's nothing there that I can find.

Am I on the wrong screen??? Please what am I missing.  Been doing this for years (although OK is new to me) and never had this problem.

Thanks in advance.
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Keep going down. The field says "1 = direct deposit, 2 = debit card" Enter a 1.

It's the third line up from the very very bottom of the Oklahoma section.

alpacaco
Level 1

Thank you ....can you say red in the face 😏  I was looking at that as though it's for the balance due.   THANK YOU, THANK YOU

0 Cheers