Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when intuit link documents won't import to tax return

jbtaxprep
Level 2
My client uploaded a K-1 into Intuit Link and it won't import into the tax return. How can I fix this?
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

Do the entry manually?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
jbtaxprep
Level 2

I was afraid of that.  I am having trouble entering the information for line 13W.  I was really hoping I could force an import. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

What type of k-1. My experience with import has not been good and I can only imagine how it handles the "odd ball" lines.

Ignoring the reference to screen numbers. This may help.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-1065-schedule-k-1/report-partnership-k...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11
13W could be almost anything. You can't do the entry without reading the footnotes.

jbtaxprep
Level 2

Thanks I will try that.

0 Cheers
jbtaxprep
Level 2

I will also compare the return last year and the year before that.  This is a Ranch partnership with rental income and other forms of depreciation.  Thanks for the help.

0 Cheers
jbtaxprep
Level 2

I know it's a section 754 depreciation adjustment.  I will just compare my input from prior years and see if I can get it right in 2022

PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

I either put it as an Other Separately Stated item, or lump it into Box 1, depending. IMHO the 1065 preparer should have lumped it into Box 1, but it's about 50/50 whether I've seen that done since the change in rules.