Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Malfunctions

Sam55
Level 2

Does anyone know how to fix these problems:

1. When I select "self-prepared" or "nonpaid preparer," the state income tax return still shows MY e-mail address on the forms and it should only show my email when I select that I am the "paid preparer."

2. Most jurisdictions and tax forms don't require you to enter a phone number on the tax return, but Proconnect Tax does not give the option on many returns. Instead, the software won't let me efile unless I enter a phone number.

3. Proconnect Tax doesn't allow me to adjust numbers on the KY state returns and it doesn't even let me apply certain tax credits on the return, such as the LLET credit. I even spoke to the tax help center about this and they agreed that the software wasn't allowing it, and that I would have to paper file the tax return. This is ridiculous considering the fact that Intuit does not give customers an option but is mandating that customers pay an additional $100 fee to use Proconnect, which is supposed to include e-filing for the 2024 tax filing period and going forward!

4. On U.S. Federal form 1065, Proconnect Tax does not generate the non-farm income number that is supposed to be reported on tax forms.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Kallana
Employee
Employee

3. Proconnect Tax doesn't allow me to adjust numbers on the KY state returns and it doesn't even let me apply certain tax credits on the return, such as the LLET credit. I even spoke to the tax help center about this and they agreed that the software wasn't allowing it, and that I would have to paper file the tax return. This is ridiculous considering the fact that Intuit does not give customers an option but is mandating that customers pay an additional $100 fee to use Proconnect, which is supposed to include e-filing for the 2024 tax filing period and going forward!

Depending on what numbers you are trying to adjust, you can go under State & Local --> Modifications --> KY Modifications to make adjustments to the KY returns.  The LLET credit screen is located under State & Local --> Other Credits --> KY LLE Tax Credit in the individual return module.  

0 Cheers