Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My amended return was rejected because it had a negative taxable income from the original return. I used zeros but the return made it a negative number. why?

bbtaxes24
Level 2
can I correct it on Pro Connect or does it have to be paper filed?
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
itonewbie
Level 15

Others have complained over the years about this, usually on CA returns.  Is that what you have?  What exactly is contributing to this and what is the exact error message?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

You have been busy today Obi-Wan.  The Force must be with you today 😉

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Lol, @IRonMaN.  You really want to know why?  That's because I have time to burn right now.  Have been on a chat with online support for 1.5 hours about that tiutnI I mentioned this morning. (Oh, did I spell glitch backward correctly this time?).  Still no resolution... and I'm on hold.

It's ND not generating ND-1CR for other state tax credit for a part-year resident spouse who received rental income during the resident period from another state and paid tax on that income.  It should be relatively straight forward and I even computed the amount of credit that should flow through.  This is a multi-state return with international elements.  I already got two states done with the same type of credit for state 2 but ProConnect Tax will just not play ball with state 3, which is ND.  The only way to get the form generated is to change the spouse's status to full-year ND resident, which tells me it's a tiutnI in the system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, as long as you mentioned it was ND, as a Minnesota resident I can tell you that nothing good comes out of that state. 

But just in case someone from ND reads this post, it is a wonderful state ----------- especially if you like nice flat land and no trees.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Finally got a verdict, in case someone from ND reads this post - yes, ND is a nice state, no, I mean a great state!

Intuit acknowledged it's a bug and should have a fix by late next week.  In the meantime, they say it can be fixed by flipping the spouse to taxpayer - because, evidently, the logic only works on the taxpayer but not the spouse - but I can't afford to do this because there're just too many complicated entries and sourcing on that return.

Guess I'll sit on my hands until late next week...

Apologies to the OP for hijacking this post.  If you could come back with some additional info, someone could still help solve your problem or at least shed some light on the issue.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
bbtaxes24
Level 2

This community help is mostly worthless.  Most of the replies are sarcastic and stupid and not worth looking at.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Sorry you feel that way but the stats say otherwise.  We did offer to help and asked for info but you opted not to supply it.

Oh, and did we mention we don't get paid and everyone here is volunteering our own time from day job?

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

"This community help is mostly worthless"

Well, your contributions certainly are worthless since I can't seem to find one post that you tried helping someone.  It's really nice when folks complain about the quality of help when they don't do diddly to help anyone else.

Slava Ukraini!