Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-state apportionment = 108%; how to get to 100%?

K_CPA
Level 2

I'm working on a six state return. Client has payroll & sales in those six states. As we know, different states use different apportionment factors. Proconnect is calculating the apportionment for 5 of the 6 states as part of the "Multi-State Apportionment Summary" it prints out; the 1 exception being the client's home state. 

Is it possible to "force" PC to calculate the apportionment for the home state on this summary? The reason I ask is if I take each of the state's individual forms for calculating apportionment, I come up with 108% apportionment, where as I'm expecting it should be 100%.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Since each state uses different factors and weights and definitions, it is possible to get more or less than 100%.

Apportionment may not be applicable for home state. They may tax 100%. What type of return?

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Since each state uses different factors and weights and definitions, it is possible to get more or less than 100%.

Apportionment may not be applicable for home state. They may tax 100%. What type of return?

Ex-AllStar
K_CPA
Level 2

This was precisely what I needed. Thank you.

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers