Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-1 Import

taxsolutions
Level 3

I have a client with about 20 partnerships/scorps. And the K-1 import seems needlessly complicated. Let me see if I got this right. First you have to search for the K-1 to import. It doesn't just match SSN and display them. Then you pick the business. Then it says "select the partnership where you want the data to go." I kid you not. I am importing the data to my individual aren't I? I have not finished the import yet because I don't want to mess everything up. Am I doing this right? It seems wrong.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
taxsolutions
Level 3

I figured it out. I still think that it is more complicated than any other software that I have used, but I'll get used to it. When it says pick the partnership that you want the data to go; I guess you could import the data to a different K-1 tab in the individual return, which seems like a bad idea, but it is what it is.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
taxsolutions
Level 3

I figured it out. I still think that it is more complicated than any other software that I have used, but I'll get used to it. When it says pick the partnership that you want the data to go; I guess you could import the data to a different K-1 tab in the individual return, which seems like a bad idea, but it is what it is.

0 Cheers
taxsolutions
Level 3

Just so you all know, I tested my theory from above and you can't import the data into another K-1 tab. So I don't know why it even asks. It shows other tabs but if you pick one it will say you can't do that.

0 Cheers